SOW Teaching Topics Include :
- Biblical Basis for Worship
- Character Week : Heart of Worship
- Worship & Spiritual Warfare
- Worship & Culture
- Worship & Holy Spirit
- Theory & Musicianship
- Singing & Songwriting
- Meditative Psalm Study
- Worship Leading & Teams
- Worship & Missions
- Church Music History
- …and more!
March 17 – June 4 , Lecture Phase
June 7 – Aug 6 , Outreach Phase
Full-Tuition Lecture $3,000
Outreach Fees $2,000 + airfare
We aim to develop students in three different areas: Head, Heart & Hands. We want to give them tools to develop both the physical and the spiritual aspects of worship. This is done through exploring a wide variety of topics regarding worship (our Identity as Worshipers, Leadership, Team Dynamics, Heart Issues, The Role of Worship in Missions…). Biblical foundation for worship is also incredibly important and our desire is to educate students to fully understand the history behind it and how specific principles apply to us today.
The School of Worship in Richmond will emphasize and facilitate : worship-leading, spiritual disciplines, artistic expression and skill development, reading & discussing 2 books related to worship, serving the local church, weekly journals, small groups, intercession and a meditative study of the Psalms.
Our main goals in this school are :
- To mature those who are involved in worship ministry to be the most effective they can be in their area of influence.
- To provide hands-on training to worship leaders, in which we develop the worship leader’s understanding of how to lead a band through skillful musicianship; lead the congregation into worship; and lead by example in integrity and character.
- To help give understanding of what worship is from a biblical point of view.
- To provide a place to go deeper with God; to ignite and fan into flame our passion for Jesus.
- To help students to live a fully-integrated life that reflects Jesus in every way. The person they are on stage, or whatever ministry they are involved in needs to be consistent with the person they are in everyday life.
- To create a culture of creativity where students feel free to express their love for God in many different ways.
- On outreach, to take God’s love for the nations and passion for His glory to the mission field in whatever capacity we can (with or without music).
We are currently considering the following outreach locations :
Scotland … UK
Mexico … NA
Virginia Beach … US